Call it a mega Italian moment: Filippo Tattoni-Marcozzi, our own European editor-at-large, in his capacity as brand ambassador for Italian luxury fashion house Etro, is teaming with Dallas mega collector, philanthropist and TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art co-founder Howard Rachofsky and this year’s TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art Gala chair Thomas Hartland-Mackie to kick start fundraising for next month’s event.
Save the date: TWO x TWO First Look is set for Thursday, October 26, with the Gala to follow on Saturday, October 28.
As for the Etro extravaganza, next week, from September 25 – 30, 10 percent of proceeds from all sales at Etro in Highland Park Village will be donated to TWO x TWO, which in its 18-year history has raised a staggering sum of more than $67 million in support of amfAR’s AIDS research initiatives and the DMA’s contemporary art acquisition program.
During the event, Etro’s Fall/Winter 2017 menswear collection will be presented — a fabulous and diverse array of looks, says Tattoni-Marcozzi. With unique pieces straight from the most recent Milan fashion show and a wide selection of classic Etro staples, it’s sure to be a gent’s shopping dream. Fret not femme Etro fans, sales of the brand’s full range of offerings (womenswear, menswear, and accessories) will benefit TWO x TWO, too.
Here, the most stylish Italian we know makes his pick of the 10 most desirable looks — all with a bit of sartorial insight into Tattoni-Marcozzi’s personal recipe to wear all things Etrothis winter.
- My favorite winter staples are soft, cashmere turtle necks — in every fabulous Etro color of course. And this year, orange is the new black!
- In the morning, don’t forget your underwear. This season, Etro offers some extremely seductive new fragrances available online and in store. The one that gets me out of bed? Etro Man Rose.
- When one of your best friends in town is makeup and skincare guru Susan Posnick, you know you can count on her to get you picture ready! To go with my favorite checkered Etro suit, Posnick used COLORFLO M8 foundation/sun protection, which creates flawless skin on-the-go for men and women conscious of always protecting against the damage of the sun.
- To accessorize is what distinguishes us from other mammals — luxurious cashmere scarves, fun leather wallets, bags, backpacks and statement sunglasses will have you ready to step off the slopes of Aspen or St. Moritz straight into any glamorous apres-ski drinking hole.
- Walk the walk and talk the talk. Enough said.
- Even your most tense business meeting can take a different turn by bringing a bit of Etro life into it — just pick a beautiful tie and a colorful pocket square to stand out from the white-collar crowd.
- And why not keep your wardrobe gender neutral? Why? Because its 2017! This to-die-for silk and wool jacket with saturated colors and linear cuts was inspired by the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan’s traditional regal wraps. Veronica Etro might have designed it to hang in the girls’ section, but I would take it to my next Mount Everest hike anytime!
- A burgundy-ish purple pony-skin biker jacket. What else do you want?
- Social season in Dallas is upon us — and the race to find the perfect dinner jackets is on! What will you be wearing at TWO x TWO, The Crystal Charity Ball, Black Tie Dinner, Art Ball, DIFFA, and MTV Re:Define? Pick the charities you wish to support, mark the calendar and get ready to party.
- This winter you can Etro-up your art collection. Contemporary art rising-star Dan Rees has collaborated with Etro to create a limited series of works inspired by the brand’s archive of antique paisley textiles. While the works will premiere in London during Frieze week in mid October, one piece has made its way to Dallas. Donated by the artist and Etro to TWO x TWO, you can start bidding for now through October 28 by visiting the auction catalogue on www.twoxtwo.org.