The Inventory Control Associate is responsible for the management of the store inventory. Duties include: receiving packages and merchandise into the store’s inventory accurately and efficiently on the day in which it arrives, ticketing merchandise and generating packaging and shipping transfers and RTV of merchandise to other locations efficiently and accurately. All records associates with receiving and shipping merchandise will be neatly and accurately maintained in a filing system. The Inventory Control Associate is responsible for processing, recording and following up on all after sales service. In the absence of an Operations Manager/Director, the Store Director and or Assistant Manager will work with the Inventory Control Associate to organize, conduct and reconcile weekly cycle counts and bi-annual inventories. The inventory Control Associate is also responsible for ordering and maintaining adequate stock levels in shipping and selling supplies and store and kitchen supplies.
- Maintain an accurate and organized store inventory. Organize and participate in store cycle counts, bi-annual inventories and reconciliation with support and direction from store Director and/or Assistant Manager.
- Process all incoming and outgoing shipments within business day they are generated. Ensure proper documentation is completed.
- Check in all returns against previous day’s business.
- Print and ticket merchandise, returns and price updates.
- Process, record, maintain, and follow up on all after-sales service.
- Process damages, maintain inventory for damages.
- Work with Store Management inventory for damages.
- Work with Store Management to analyze business and replenish needs.
- Develop inventory strategies to support the selling process and to maintain our warehouse standards on a daily basis.
Decision Making Responsibility
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to effectively analyze information.
- Ability to problem solves.
- Ability to multitask with accuracy.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal policies and directives.
- Attention to loss prevention and inventory control.
- Ability to lift between 0-50 lbs. without assistance.
- Experienced with technology to fully utilize internal systems as well as external shipping software programs.