The stock associate is responsible for receiving, unpacking and preparing merchandise for the selling floor. He/she is also responsible for the organization, maintenance and cleanliness of the stock room. He/she is responsible for any and all operational functions within the stockroom, including facilitating all directives from the store manager and corporate office in order to effectively and efficiently supervise the inventory and all components for managing it.
- Manages the in-store receiving process, and notifies necessary parties/completes paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manages re-pricing projects from start to finish. Delegates tasks on the salesfloor as necessary to complete projects accurately and on time.
- Sensors, tags, steams, folds and hangs merchandise as needed.
- Manages the floorset preparation merchandise in partnership with the Store Manager to ensure on time and efficient floorset implementation.
- Works with store associates to replenishes merchandise from the stock room to the selling floor on a daily basis.
- Executes transfers, returns, damages as needed and/or directed.
- Processes customer charge sends per JP policy and procedure Follows up on customer inquiries on behalf of sending store when need be.
- Ensures stock room is organized, clean and merchandise is floor ready at all times per JP Standard Directives.
- Audits stockroom to ensure consistent sizing, folding, and organization per company direction on standards.
- Maintains and audits store receiving, returns, transfer, and negative oversold unit reporting in Retail Pro and proper inventory paperwork completion.
- Is accountable for the store exceeding the Company Shrink Goal by minimizing unit loss.
- Manages store preparation for physical inventories based on preparation directives and planning packets.
JAMES PERSE Brand Experience
- Creates a positive first impression by adhering to the dress code.
- Creates a clean and organized environment by maintaining store standards and cleanliness both in the stock room and on the selling floor.
- Partners with the Store Manager to drop off and pick up of customer and associate alterations, and salesfloor product repairs and dry cleaning with company contracted vendors as directed.
- Sends store media to Vernon Corporate Office per the directed monthly cycle.
- Sends store sensors and excess plastic hangers for reuse to Vernon Corporate Office per the directed monthly cycle.
- Fills cash wrap packaging supplies on a daily basis.
- Removes trash and boxes from the sales floor and stockroom on a daily basis.
- Conducts a lighting check on a daily basis for store lights and exterior lighting (if applicable) to ensure all lights are illuminating properly. Changes light bulbs or reports problems when necessary.
Cooperation & Dependability
- Satisfactorily completes all duties as assigned by management.
- Is punctual and adheres to designated work schedule.
- Is flexible and works well with peers and management to accomplish goals.
- Follows Policies and Procedures 100%.
- Participates in and attends all store meetings and other related functions.
- Represents a positive attitude toward the merchandise and the company.
- Participates in all store after hours activities, including physical inventories and store floorsets.
- Uses sound judgment when making decisions and acts with integrity and respect.
- Uses the appropriate levels of urgency to ensure time based tasks are completed by corporate directed deadlines, and adapts to changes required by the business.
- Assumes and completes other duties as assigned by store management.
- Some heavy lifting required.
- High attention to detail and reporting accuracy to ensure exact reporting of inventory.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, namely Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Retail Pro experience preferred, however is not required. Working Knowledge of Inventory maintenance programs preferred.
- Possesses the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possesses excellent communication skills.
Please email resume to Kelly Ludwigsen at KLudwigsen@jamesperse.com