Responsible for the flow of merchandise from the point of delivery to the sales floor. Responsible for receiving, unpacking, processing, organizing, and storing merchandise. Ensure that products are easily accessible, visually appealing, and constantly available. Assist in enhancing the brand image of both the products and the store and positively impacting the customer experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the profitability of the retail operation by receiving, handling, and helping to manage the inventory of merchandise and supplies in a timely and organized manner.
- Check incoming and outgoing merchandise and supply deliveries for accuracy, verifying that quantities received match bills of lading, purchase orders and other documents.
- Open each incoming shipment, initial transfers/packing slips.
- Safely stage incoming shipments and maintain ongoing and proactive communication with key partners about new arrivals, order overages and shortages and delivery delays.
- Participate in formal periodic inventory audits, external transfers, damaged merchandise and returns.
- Decrease store shrinkage by researching inventory discrepancies and report suspicious activates to the store manager.
- Ship merchandise and supplies in and out of inventory to internal locations in a timely manner.
- Provide timely communication about transfers and shipping with corporate and store locations via e-mail including transfer numbers and tracking information.
- File all paperwork from incoming/outgoing shipments in the appropriate binders under monthly tabs.
- Assist with changing light bulbs on the sales floor and in the stock room.
- Notify store manager when inventory levels are low in bags/garment bags/tissue paper and other supplies.
- Organize stock room by size and collection, reprint tags when needed and change out plastic hangers when broken. Ensure that accurate labeling, logical placement, neat arrangements, and cleanliness are maintained.
- Demonstrate ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- Prepare packages for external shipment.
- Record all time worked accurately, promptly, and honestly.
- Follow all loss prevention policies and producers.
- Maintain a balance between service and daily tasks.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Contacts and Relationships:
- Store Manager and Assistant Manager
- Sales Associates
- Corporate Retail Department
- Corporate Warehouse
External Customers and Suppliers:
- Store Customers
- Shipping Vendors
Accountability: Reports to Store Manager
Qualifications and Guidelines:
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and versatility, communication and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and cooperative nature
- Previous warehouse, logistics, stock, receiving, inventory or retail experience required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Ladder climbing
- Lifting up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Bending, twisting, reaching, pushing, pulling and performing repetitive motions
- Standing and walking for up to 8 hours
- Moving large quantities of merchandise
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
For more information or to apply, please contact Randi Schwartz at email@example.com.