Hadleigh’s was founded by husband and wife clothing designers, Ed and Gable Shaikh, as a sartorial men’s and womenswear brand in 2009. For more than a decade, the Shaikhs have worked relentlessly to provide the finest luxury clothing collections, sourcing exquisite textiles from around the world, and partnering with the most talented artisans in Europe. Even from the brand’s quaint beginnings in the Shaikh’s home, the most minute details of each garment are taken into account with nothing less than an exceptional finished product being acceptable. The final result: impeccably designed clothing, with a personal touch, for the modern lifestyle.
In addition to their penthouse tailoring studio on Madison Avenue in New York City, a larger, newly redesigned women’s boutique opened in July 2019 adjoining their upstairs men’s atelier in prestigious Highland Park Village in Dallas, Texas.
As an apprentice for Hadleigh’s, working directly under the brand’s founders and creative designers, you will receive invaluable first hand experience in communicating a burgeoning brand’s mission and serving as an ambassador of the entire customer experience. You will help engage and build a relationship with customers from around the world, relaying Hadleigh’s core values and brand themes while creating an atmosphere of superior service, passion and enthusiasm for the highest quality garments available. You will maximize sales through retail operational excellence, an existing book of clients, learning the intricacies of the entire creative and retail fulfillment process, and work to support the overall store visual and image, and help with fulfilling retail support needs for the women’s and men’s retail teams.
How You Will Contribute:
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset in developing the business
- Provide memorable luxury in-store customer service experience and cultivate client relationships
- Consult with customers to discover their needs by exploring customer preferences and occasions for which the customers are shopping
- Anticipate customers expressed and unexpressed needs and wants and responds appropriately to exceed customer expectations
- Create opportunities for customers to experience multiple Hadleigh’s products
- Promote Hadleigh’s bespoke customization services as part of the selling repertoire where appropriate to meet the customer’s current and/or future needs
- Cultivates future customer connections (after-sales activities including thank you notes and follow-up phone calls)
- Take ownership of resolving customer issues or complaints with empathy
- Drive and perform onsite audits of store physical inventories
- Develop progressively in-depth knowledge of Hadleigh’s products, craftsmanship, fabrics, made-to-measure and style evolution whilst translating such knowledge into customer benefits
- Actively communicate customer, product and other store information within the store team to ensure customer and business needs are met
- Adhere to Hadleigh’s store operations and time and attendance policies and standards, including working Saturdays and holidays
Who You Are:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in retail and/or design industry
- Desire to invest and grow with a brand long-term
- Committed to learning all facets of clothing design and the luxury retail industry
- Ability to self-learn and self-develop
- Passionate about impeccable service and style
- Generates customer delight
- Proactively pursues opportunities to build client relationships
- Enthusiastically supports at all levels of the retail process
- Proficient with digital technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Join the Hadleigh’s team and apply by emailing email@example.com.