Founded in 1997 by Andrew Rosen, Theory revolutionized women’s workwear by developing an innovative stretch fabric that drastically improved a pant’s performance—making it both functional and stylish enough to wear to work and beyond.
Continuing the same foundational principles, Theory—which now includes menswear—is committed to creating purposeful designs with exceptional fit and construction. It defines the ‘new modern’ through its concept of the urban uniform: the belief that cool, expertly tailored pieces made from the best materials have the power to change the way we feel, improve the way we work, and inspire the way we live.
In 2004, Fast Retailing acquired Theory and spurred the brand’s global expansion. Today, Theory is a leader in Fast Retailing’s dossier and operates 221 freestanding stores worldwide. Its collaborative relationships with department and specialty stores and its e-commerce business continue to position Theory as a continually expanding, international, omnichannel phenomenon.
From the product to the people, Theory is a company built on integrity and excellence. We believe that the exceptional store experience and customer service made possible by our dynamic retail teams empower every aspect of our business and its future success.
We look forward to receiving your resume.
A keyholder works within the store management team to help achieve store sales goals and maximize profitability. Through effective management in partnership with Store Manager, the key holder works to create a store experience for our clients that results in sales growth. As a key holder, you will be responsible for continuously improving and developing management skills, taking ownership of the responsibilities assigned by the Store Manager, and acting as a role model to the sales team.
- Meet personal and store sales and KPI goals
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of the product to support the brand goals
- Develop sales techniques that are relevant to the market
- Establish and maintain client-base
- Leverage company tools, incentives & strategies to support meeting sales goals
- Demonstrate strong business acumen by leverage KPI’s to support business-driving strategies
- Ensure effective communication between store manager & other team members
- Identify ways to keep the team motivated and engaged
- Present new & innovative ideas to support meeting business goals
- Coach team on sales floor providing relevant and consistent feedback to improve performance
- Ensure all functions of the store are maintained to support superior shopping-experiences
- Assist in all areas of stock, shipping, receiving protocols/policies, procedures, and all related processes inclusive of paperwork
- Collaborate with store managers in areas of risk management, physical security, store cash control, and inventory control
- Identify product concerns and communicate inventory needs to support the business goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners to support inventory goals
- Ensure the highest level of customer service to each and all individuals in the store
- Build meaningful relationships with clients through strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborate with all team members to support a superior shopping experience
- Be present on and off the floor as a Theory Brand Ambassador
- 3-4 years of prior work experience in a client-centric, sales environment
- Dynamic interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Independent work ethic, time management skills
- Computer skills to operate point of sale system, experiences with teamwork is a plus
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Fast Retailing does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply to this position, please view the job posting on LinkedIn.