A Sales Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Store Management staff in maximizing sales, providing an exceptional shopping experience for the Customer and managing the store in accordance with the company visual and operational standards. The Sales Supervisor assumes responsibility for the operations of a store as “Manager-on-Duty” in the absence of the General Manager and Assistant Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes Manager’s role in supervising staff in absence of General Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Strives for sales excellence and results.
- Ensures selling standards are met.
- Works with customers and models excellent customer service and clientelling skills.
- Maximizes sales through strong floor supervision.
- Ensure associates are trained on product knowledge, selling skills and customer service and operations.
- Provides information and feedback for Sales Associates.
- Team sells with Sales Associates to contribute to the development of the selling team.
- Controls company’s assets, i.e. key control, loss prevention measures, inventory paperwork and company standards of conduct per the employee handbook.
- Strives for 100% accuracy and compliance in cash, inventory, fixtures and property.
- Helps execute floor-set and promotional directives.
- Works as a member of the team to ensure all store standards are met.
- Understands, supports and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times.
- Ensure presentation of all displays, fixtures and all visual areas are reflective of current visual direction.
- Minimum of 2 years retail Store Management position/ experience in women’s apparel (or related field).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Represents the fashion and style of Veronica Beard
- Knowledge of current fashion trends and styles.
- Appreciation and demonstration of an overall finished fashion look.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Strong observation skills – identifying and assessing customer and employee behavior, reactions, floor awareness, etc.
- Ability to retain and utilize data, i.e. names, merchandise, information, policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate computer/cash register.
- Standing, walking, bending, squatting, twisting and climbing ladders 6-12 feet.
- Simple grasping, pushing, lifting and or carrying things with right/left-hand which weighs 3-15 pounds.
- Ability to create a quality working environment that will encourage others to develop and excel.
- Foster a work climate that inspires mutual trust, respect, professionalism and teamwork to achieve goals.
To apply, please contact Dani Rangel at firstname.lastname@example.org.